Monday, August 27, 2012

Beachy Mood Board

So, in my interior design course, we were asked to put together a "mood board" of our style.  Mine being coastal, this is what I came up with, which fortunately has some elements that are already present in our current living/ dining area.   

Love, love, love Dash & Albert Rugs!  They are in so many coastal home magazine pics, and their striped cotton rugs are surprisingly affordable- I have 2 in my house right now! :) So, that is my background.  I like the cooler colors of the blues, greens, and whites, too.  Love sea glass colors and texture and anything driftwood.  

I like a nice, light blue that brings the sky in, without overwhelming.  I would love to do an entire HOUSE in white beadboard.  I think it portrays the ultimate beach cottage look.

I could go a few way on window treatments.  I like gauzy white drapes for windows that get some breeze, but in bedrooms particularly, plantation shutters or bamboo/ wooden roman shades.   

I also love bamboo floors for a sustainably harvested, sturdy flooring, canvas (reminiscent of sailing), and slipcovers (for easy cleaning after the hubby comes home covered in sand).

What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment